I love Avocado toasts and would have it every single day! At the simplest, avocado guts mashed together with a drop of lime, sprinkled with salt and spread over a slice of toasted bread is creamy, savory, delicious and filling. But, avocados are extremely versatile and there could be so many variations to the basic avocado toast, that you would rather play with it, experiment and delight your senses with your own take on avocado toast every single day than getting stuck with the usual.
This week’s edition is Avocado toast with white beans
Prep time: 10min | Cooking time: 5min | Serves: 4 bread toasts (2 people)
- 2 whole avocados (sliced in half, seeds removed)
- 1/4 cup white beans (soaked and cooked)
- 15 – 20 Cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 10 almonds / other nuts
- 2 garlic
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp chilly flakes
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Put the bread to toast
- Roast the tomatoes till they become soft and start falling on themselves (Oven: 9min, 250 degrees C | Stove: 10min with a dollop of oil)
- In a mixer grinder, mash together avocados, white beans, almonds, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and chilly flakes to a thick paste. Add 1 tbsp water if needed
- Prepare the spread with placing the thick avocado paste on the bread and topping with a couple of cherry tomatoes
This avocado toast was incredibly delicious and fulfilling! Cheers to Experiments!
Sunday morning breakfasts are meant for hearty, filling and colorful meals, the ones whose mere thought can make you roll out of the bed and head to the kitchen. Better still if it can fulfill my three cooking filters – readily available ingredients, under 30min prep time and colorfully healthy.
One of my favorite go to is Mushroom on Avocado Toast. Its the perfect example of “sum of parts can be bigger than the whole”.
Mushroom on Avocado Toast Recipe
Makes: 4 toasts | Prep Time:
- 2 Avocados
- ~30 button mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, per taste
- 1tbsp chopper Cilantro
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1tbsp half lemon
- Avocado Guacamole: Split avocados into half along the longer side and remove the big seed. Make a couple of slits and scoop avocado chunks into a bowl. Add in lemon juice, salt and red pepper flake and mix it all together. Taste and adjust spices as needed
- Saute Mushroom: Clean mushrooms with a clean cloth and trim the end stems as needed. Cut each of them into 4-5 lengthwise pieces. In the meantime heat oil in the pan and add the mushrooms into it. Cook uncovered on medium heat as the mushroom loose water. Let it cook till most of the water evaporates. Add in salt, pepper, cheese and cilantro. Saute for 1-2 minutes and bring it off the heat.
- Putting it all together: On lightly toasted bread, put first a layer of avocado guacamole and top it with mushrooms. Make a fold and take a BIG bite. voila!
- Accompaniments: Have a juice / smoothie to complete the meal
Cheers to bright Sunday breakfasts!