For days when you need a fix for “I-ate-something-I-now-regret”.
You are feeling bloated and want to cleanse before you have your next meal.
To your rescue #1: A quick fix fiber overload salad.
Prep time: 5min | Makes 2 big bowls
- 1/2 White radish, grated
- 1 Cucumber, grated
- 1 Tomato, diced
- 5 mint leaves, chopped
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 1tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1tsp salt
- Mix grated radish, grated cucumber and diced tomatoes together in a bowl
- Add lemon juice, cumin powder and salt
- Mix it all together and cool for 5min in the refrigerator
- Garnish with mint and it is ready to eat!
This salad is packed with fibers. Cucumber is soothing for the stomach. Mint is refreshing. Lemon is acidic but has a positive alkaline effect in the guts. All in all, have a big bowl of this salad and you will be detoxed from whatever you had in the previous meal.
Proof: I had “Maggie” noodles for breakfast today…just because it felt like a rebellious Saturday morning thing to do! But then right after, I started feeling bloated and the feeling didn’t stop till about 4hrs later. I needed a fix before I could have lunch. And this fiber Detox salad came to the rescue. I had a big bowl of it, and soon after I finished I could feel the distinct gut refresh! Try it!
Sunday morning breakfasts are meant for hearty, filling and colorful meals, the ones whose mere thought can make you roll out of the bed and head to the kitchen. Better still if it can fulfill my three cooking filters – readily available ingredients, under 30min prep time and colorfully healthy.
One of my favorite go to is Mushroom on Avocado Toast. Its the perfect example of “sum of parts can be bigger than the whole”.
Mushroom on Avocado Toast Recipe
Makes: 4 toasts | Prep Time:
- 2 Avocados
- ~30 button mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, per taste
- 1tbsp chopper Cilantro
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1tbsp half lemon
- Avocado Guacamole: Split avocados into half along the longer side and remove the big seed. Make a couple of slits and scoop avocado chunks into a bowl. Add in lemon juice, salt and red pepper flake and mix it all together. Taste and adjust spices as needed
- Saute Mushroom: Clean mushrooms with a clean cloth and trim the end stems as needed. Cut each of them into 4-5 lengthwise pieces. In the meantime heat oil in the pan and add the mushrooms into it. Cook uncovered on medium heat as the mushroom loose water. Let it cook till most of the water evaporates. Add in salt, pepper, cheese and cilantro. Saute for 1-2 minutes and bring it off the heat.
- Putting it all together: On lightly toasted bread, put first a layer of avocado guacamole and top it with mushrooms. Make a fold and take a BIG bite. voila!
- Accompaniments: Have a juice / smoothie to complete the meal
Cheers to bright Sunday breakfasts!