Third is the series of “How to eat a vegetable rainbow without eating salads everyday” is this simple clear veggie rainbow soup, vietnamese pho style.
The subtle flavors of star anise and bay leaf lend a cuddly warmth, and the crunchy veggies a refreshing body to the soup. With a soupy and solid texture, it is perfect as a main course of detox meals or start of the meals when you know the end isn’t going to be as healthy 😉
Recipe: Clear Veggie Rainbow soup, Vietnamese pho style
Prep time: 10min | Cooking time: 35min | 2 Big bowls
- 2 cups of rainbow vegetables, finely chopped (carrot, cauliflower, broccoli, beans, cabbage, red bell pepper, mushroom)
- 4 star anise
- 1 medium size onion (sliced)
- 4 cups of water
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon
- In a pan, heat 1 Tbsp oil. Add onion and star anise, sauteing for around 5 min till the onion starts becoming translucent.
- Add all the chopped vegetables, sprinkle salt and saute for 10min
- Add water, cover the pan and let the veggies cook on medium heat for 15 – 20min.
- Add soy sauce and give the last stirs for 2min
- Check flavors, Squeeze half a lemon and serve 🙂
- It’s an extremely simple recipe, with one rule: Use 5 color rainbow vegetables 🙂
- Chop the vegetables well, but not too fine to lose individual texture of each vegetable
- Star anise and soy sauce are star ingredients here, turning a boring boiled vegetable soup into a fancy pho adaptation!
- Enjoy a big bowl and snuggle in the warmth and health!