The perfect breakfast in bed – Scrambled paneer with a side of 🥑 .
If your Saturday mornings start late and breakfast continues into brunch, you need something filling with a simple formula – it should be high in fiber, high in proteins, high in complex carbs
From my earlier post, banana oats pancake are a great option. And here is option 2 if you looking for something more savory.
Paneer (Cottage cheese) is made from curdled milk 🥛, is rich in proteins and calcium while being low on calories. So let’s make it the perfect lead actor in our breakfast today! Combined with some red beans (more protein in fiber) sweet potato (complex carbs), and avocado (good fats) with dashes of fresh herbs (coriander, sweet onion) and hot sauce. It’s a perfect breakfast colorful-wholesome-filling breakfast!
Prep time: 15min | Cooking time: 10min | Serves 2
- 1 cup paneer (cottage cheese, mashed))
- 1/3 cup red beans (canned / cooked)
- 1/3 cup sweet potato (boiled, peeled and cubed)
- 1 avocado
- 2 strands of green onion
- 1/4 cup coriander
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oil
- 2-4 shakes of hot sauce
- In a pan, heat oil. Add half a portion of green onions and saute for 30 sec before adding in the sweet potato and red beans. Saute for 3-5minutes till they become soft and easily mashed.
- Add in the paneer and mix it all well together.
- Add dashes of salt, pepper and the hot sauce. Cook for around two minutes before taking it off the pan
- Serve with a garnish of remaining green onion, coriander and sliced avocados!
- The recipe comes out really well with fresh homemade paneer (and its so simple to make! Bring 1 ltr of milk to boil. Turn the heat off and add 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar, add more if you cant notice the curdling (milk separation into solids). Let it cool for 30min. Strain with a cloth and set in a refrigerator for at least 3 hrs before using. DO NOT Throw away the liquid. Use it in kneeling and soups or drink as is!