Is it a breakfast or is it a dessert? You would still be debating as you scrape that last tiny chia seed from the bottom of your cup! Its the best dessert for breakfast! Its Chia seed pudding
Chia seeds are a staple of South America. It is said that the tribe of Tarahumara Indians, famously known for running hundreds of miles in Mexico’s deep deadly copper canyons, would have chia seeds soaked in lime juice as their energy drink! (Do read more about them and the Race of a lifetime in the book “Born to Run”)
Chia seeds are loaded with antioxidants, omega 3, fiber, iron, calcium, phosphorous – loading you with energy, good cholesterol and nutrients that are not found in everyday vegetarian diet.
So, add chia seeds into your weekly routine with this extremely simple make ahead eye pleasing breakfast (or even dessert) recipe!
Prep Time: 5min | Makes 1 portion
- 1 cup unflavored yogurt
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- A handful of nuts (almonds, walnuts, cherries) – roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup colorful fruits – Banana, Spiced apple, Strawberries
- 4-5 Mint leaves
- In one big cup, pour in unflavored yogurt. Add honey and chia seeds. Mix well so that the chia seeds are broadly distributed and not forming lumps. Its not a problem if they do, just that eating soaked isolated chia seeds are better than lumps!
- Cover and let this sit overnight
- In the morning, start your layering craft.
- My Option 1: Start with a row of walnuts and cherries, then sliced bananas, then sliced strawberries then mint on top
- My Option 2: Start with a row of toasted almonds, then add Spiced Apples!
- This is an absolute free style recipe. Choose your own mix of fruits and nuts, play around with layering, mix as many colors you like!
- Use transparent cup / glass / masor jar so that you can see the action!