Make these delicious Banana Oats pancake mountain to crush those long To Do list filled mornings!
You know its going to be one of those long days, the day would start and before uyou know it you have skipped lunch. There is an unending to Do list. On those exact days, I am asking you to take out 15min – 5min to cook and 10min to eat these extremely nourishing, filling (will not cause bloating) and will keep you going!
However for those who have already started rolling there eyes on oats, I am going to be honest here. Oats are a healthy grain option – they are whole, full of fibers, vitamins and minerals, keeping you full and satisfied for a long time. But after several experiments in kitchen I have concluded and agree that it is very hard to make them taste good.
I have experimented and tried to incorporate oats in my every day diet, but unfortunately with little success till now. They are gooey and ‘taste of health’, which people who do not lean towards healthy food know what I mean.
Oats Upma and oats Poha never turn out good; Oats Porridge loaded with nuts and peanut butter comes midway but hard to adopt for those you don’t like the taste of oats. But dont stop there if you have. Give this recipe a shot. These Banana Oats pancakes have been taste tested 20 times with 100% success – TASTE BETTER THAN REGULAR PANCAKES
Prep time: 15min | Cooking time: 2 min / pancake | Makes 4 small pancakes
- 1 cup oat flour (You can grind it fresh in your smoothie blender. Doesnt have to be very fine. Coarse tastes better)
- 3/4 cup milk of your choice
- 1 egg
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (+ 3tsp for cooking)
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg (freshly grated taste better)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (can only grate fresh if you have a high power blender)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essense
- Strawberries and/or chocolate chips for garnish! (optional)
- In a bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients (oat flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, baking powder)
- In a new (but smaller) bowl mash the Banana with forks into gooey chunks. No stress. Then carefully crack your egg, add milk, honey, coconut oil and vanilla essence. Mix it all well!
- Pour the liquid mixture from the second bowl into the first bowl and mix well (again) till everything becomes smooth and even. Do not keep over mixing it as the baking powder will start losing its effect 😉
- Now when you are ready to eat, In a pan add 1/4 tsp coconut oil and wait till you can feel its become hot (not too hot that oil starts burning)
- Then pour 1/4 cup of our delicious mix, make it into a rough circle and wait till you see bubbles forming at the top and the outsides starting turning golden. Flip it over! Cook for 30sec on the other side and flip it, flying high up in the sky, straight into your pan
- Mount two / hree of these, with fruits, nuts, honey, chocolate sauce in between! Decorate as you like
- Eat within 10min. Best when hot!
- Consumer within 10min. Best when hot!
- You can pre make the mix the night before, so all you need to do on those busy days is take the mix out of teh fridge, cook for 5min (1 min to heat the pan, 2 min / pancakes *2) and 10min to eat! Give yourself that much time, esp when you know you might be skipping lunch that day 🙂
- Banana and honey are the secret agent here!