Chopped tomato, cucumber and onion is the most traditional salad in India. With a dash of lime, its simple and refreshing across seasons.
2000miles in the west Spanishers decided to blend these vegetables together to make an even more refreshing summer drink called Gazpacho! Its delicious when served chilled , served like a cocktail or soup, and can be had before a meal on a hot summer days.
Ever since I got back from Seville I wanted to recreate this drink with simple steps and here it is!
Prep Time: 5min | cooking time: 30sec | Serves 2 glasses
- 2 red juicy tomatoes (washed and roughly chopped)
- 1 cucumber (washed, peeled, roughly chopped)
- 1 green pepper (washed and roughly chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (peeled and crushed)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp salt
- Blend all the ingredients together. Do not add additional water
- Place in the refrigerator to chill for 2hrs. Serve with ice cubes / straight up
Sip, close your eyes and imagine yourself sitting on a outdoor cafe alongside Seille’s beautiful river. The sun’s setting, there are purple flowers blossoming on the trees and people are running. skating, walking along the riverside. You take a sip, take it all in, and thank life for all it has provided.
Cheers to Simple pleasures